How to become a sponsor ...? - TunerFriends - tuner enthusiast community

Go Back   TunerFriends - tuner enthusiast community > Marketplace > For sale by Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Supercharged

top end ms is on a distinguished road
How to become a sponsor ...?

As the title says .. 'How do you become a sponsor ..?' .. ??? ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bring your ride to the next level of style and performance! ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

top end ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Naturally Aspirated

deff's Icons

deff is on a distinguished road
I'm a bit confused... Do you want to become a sponsored ride, or do you want to sponsor someone?

If you want to get sponsored, I can offer two tips. One, you can go through an agent, like CarSponsorships.com, and have you and your ride added to their database. The downside is that you have to pay $100 if your accepted. And, from personal experience, its not worth it. I was an active member for 4 months and managed to get only one sponsor and two quasi-sponsors...

The other is to pound the pavement. Go around to local speed shops or call/email companies and tell them your plans. If you don't have a plan, make one, and go into good detail when you initially contact them.

And don't forget to tell them about yourself, they want dedicated individuals.

Hope this helps
deff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Naturally Aspirated

MidWestCarClub's Icons

MidWestCarClub is on a distinguished road
I think he was interested in being a sponsor on the site...i.e. how can he pay to get some advertising on the board, and sell his stuff on the board..

Sponsored By:
DraXas LLC. Mazda, Scion and Ford Duratech Performance Products, Plus many more!
MidWestCarClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Supercharged

top end ms is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestCarClub
I think he was interested in being a sponsor on the site...i.e. how can he get some advertising on the board, and sell his stuff on the board..
.. that pretty much sums it . .

- Bring your ride to the next level of style and performance! ..

top end ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Naturally Aspirated

Queesy's Icons

Queesy is on a distinguished road
i did that carsponsorship thingie. im in it right now 6 sponsors for my stock teg.

anyways

i guess to advertise ur site on here just contact them thru email here or at modifiedmagazine.com or find one of the mods on the forum i guess.

where is ur company located anyways?

i wanan stop by if its close

Portfolio:
<--for all your website needs at affordable prices
Queesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Naturally Aspirated

SPC Airborne is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queesy
i did that carsponsorship thingie. im in it right now 6 sponsors for my stock teg.

anyways

i guess to advertise ur site on here just contact them thru email here or at modifiedmagazine.com or find one of the mods on the forum i guess.

where is ur company located anyways?

i wanan stop by if its close
You got 6 sponsors out of them? How? they never reply to my emails asking to help find more sponsors.

AIRBORNE LEADS THE WAY!!
SPC Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

MaxedRpMs is on a distinguished road
best way is to go to your local shop....or you can go to the shows....
MaxedRpMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Naturally Aspirated

Queesy's Icons

Queesy is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

yeah i got 6 sponsors, 5 quasi though, and one full from this tinting company...but thats kindve stupid going into a shop and saying oh here i have my own tint i dont want urs. haha. anyways yeah they been getting really popular now thats why they take way too long to email me back. i see their ads on yahoo mail and everything now..but before about 2 months ago when i signed up it only took 2-3 days to get an email back. but if u did sign up with them they are constantly sending your application to all their sponsors and if one of them pick you up then ull be emailed about it and sent a contract if u want it.

i was hoping to get a full from verticaldoors INC. but they only gave me a quasi =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC Airborne
You got 6 sponsors out of them? How? they never reply to my emails asking to help find more sponsors.

Portfolio:
<--for all your website needs at affordable prices
Queesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Naturally Aspirated

VTECLUDE94's Icons

VTECLUDE94 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queesy
yeah i got 6 sponsors, 5 quasi though, and one full from this tinting company...but thats kindve stupid going into a shop and saying oh here i have my own tint i dont want urs. haha. anyways yeah they been getting really popular now thats why they take way too long to email me back. i see their ads on yahoo mail and everything now..but before about 2 months ago when i signed up it only took 2-3 days to get an email back. but if u did sign up with them they are constantly sending your application to all their sponsors and if one of them pick you up then ull be emailed about it and sent a contract if u want it.

i was hoping to get a full from verticaldoors INC. but they only gave me a quasi =\

It's all a scam. They basically give you at most 50% discounts on iteams form the sponser and free decals to put on your car along with larger ones. I know atleast 4 people that have been screwed out of 89 bucks. Dont go there.
VTECLUDE94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator
Image hosting by Photobucket

Chkn_ltl's Icons

Chkn_ltl is on a distinguished road
You should never have to pay for a sponsor and I have heard of the one VTECLUDE is referring to bu tI thought that was a different compnay than CarSponsorships.com (I think it was SportCompactPro). Like any scam it's only a scam if you let yourself get scammed. If they say, we'll give you a 50% discount if you display our logo on your car at four shows and you were planning on going to four shows anyways what difference does it make? With larger sponsors that give more things you'll be required to give more "ad-space" to them on your car and get them more publicity but that's the whole idea. They want product exposure and you want nce things to show off. They aren't giving discounts and free stuff becuase they feel sorry for you.
Chkn_ltl is offline   Reply With Quote