what's up with ??? - TunerFriends - tuner enthusiast community

Go Back   TunerFriends - tuner enthusiast community > Automotive > ICE - Audio, Video & Security

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 04:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Supercharged

rhino is an unknown quantity at this point
what's up with ???

What up with people not putting stereo in there rides I am surprised this thing is not popping up every ten minutes under the Ice link. it more then like the best mod you can do does not cost tons to get into car audio I think it better then racing because all I do is dump money in to some thing I know is going to break this is why I going this route of owning a Taurus and maybe a racer later. Just donít have the funds got to remember toque kills engines. and stereos are fun so is pimping around a ride that not tubed out got o remember when you donít want carpet to catch fire you tub out your ride so you don't get burned wile racing I think chicks dig carpet and interior body panels lol any ways why are people not posting under here not to many chicks dig riding on the rusted out floor pans but there is always that guy that say i would rather here my engine and like the sound got to remember that how tricked out your ride is not how crappie it is. So let start some chats about tricked out rides. I donít even see a spot for this type of chat and info itís all race stuff why?
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 04:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Image hosting by Photobucket

Chkn_ltl's Icons

Chkn_ltl is on a distinguished road
Stereo's add wieght, if you're really concentrating on performance you'll loose the tunes. Also, many newer cars, like mine, have pretty good factory stereos so it's not high on the list of things to upgrade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chkn_ltl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Supercharged

rhino is an unknown quantity at this point
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant
Stereo's add wieght, if you're really concentrating on performance you'll loose the tunes. Also, many newer cars, like mine, have pretty good factory stereos so it's not high on the list of things to upgrade.

thats from a racers point of view. what about the guys that tune apperence wise. the guys that do show cars? and like fully sweet rides have you up grade your dash lights or trim bezels that ads weight. but why do it? for one it make your car look better then the guy with the honda in the yard with the tree gring up threw the center of it . just some thoughts . every one on here just seems to race cars but i see a lot of sweet rides this is were it makes me wonder ya know.
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fully Built!!!

NiteriderSR20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant
Thays true, my 07 Dodge Caliber came with a freakin awsome Boston Acoustics sound system strait from factory.
NiteriderSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Time Attack Master

95gto is on a distinguished road
I think the whole gutted car idea works if you compete with your car on a serious level. But if your car is a daily driver I think it's kind of overkill. In the end though it's all in what you want out of a car. I personally think making a car all show and no go is just as bad as having a gutted and bare daily driver. I like balance so I try to find the happy middle ground between performance and comfort.

For example I have added a good amount of weight with my aftermarket stereo setup. But if I start to count all the pounds the weight I saved by swapping hoods and eventually swapping driver seats will more than make up for the added weight of the stereo. So I get the added bonus of better audio for the daily grind without really impacting performance; and I designed the setup so I can quickly remove the stereo install for weight savings if I wanted to.

95gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Supercharged

Dwraith is on a distinguished road
Because loud stereos get your car F*ed with. If you want to keep your ride from getting broke into or stolen, don't draw that kind of attention.

Just my 2 penies.
Dwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
On a boat!

Fleming's Icons

Fleming is on a distinguished road
Some of us just don't listen to the radio or music while driving.

Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Turbocharged

DaoNhatHai is on a distinguished road
a little biased are we, this is a dumb thread. What's a practicality to you isn't a practicality for everyone, there is no point in a sound system for a car that get's auto-x'd or put into time attack events

1990 Mazda RX-7: Project
1990 Mazda RX-7: Daily Driven
1989 Mazda RX-7: ???
1988 Mazda RX-7: Parts
1986 Mazda RX-7: Parts
DaoNhatHai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool

Rx-7fetish is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleming
Some of us just don't listen to the radio or music while driving.
Exactly, i love the sound of my engine.

http://neighborhoodnightmares.freeforums.org/portal.php
Rx-7fetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

trxdam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7fetish
Exactly, i love the sound of my engine.
I did too, but after having no stereo from driving from dallas to denver (12 hours mind you) it was pretty annoying. But i can take out the heavy stuff when i want to.

The ONLY stamp of approval........

</CENTER>
trxdam is offline   Reply With Quote