Go Back   TunerFriends - tuner enthusiast community > Off Topic > Off Topic General Discussion
Reload this Page Haircuts, Import Tuning n Stuff.......
User Name
Password

New Reply

Old   #11   

rdlviper

Title: Naturally Aspirated
rdlviper's Clubs
rdlviper's Journal
cancer

profile send pm search buddy  
09-07-2005, 06:45 PM

A great cause!

Old   #12   

Hp Tuning

Title: Supercharged
Hp Tuning's Clubs
Hp Tuning's Journal
scorpio

10-12-2005, 10:36 PM

Much props in general to any and everybody , trying to make a difference in the way all lifestyles are lived...Much l0ve

Old Been down that road.   #13   

zer02

Title: Banned
zer02's Clubs

10-20-2005, 09:53 PM

I lost my best friend in high school to leukemia. It wasn't death, but I still lost him. He couldn't leave the house ever, or he'd get sick and die. He couldn't walk on his own, cause his bones were so brittle he could fall, crack his head, and die. I was 15 and didn't really understand that then. As of late, I have seen what someone's family goes through when a loved one has cancer again. I was on leave back home and I had gotten all dressed up in my Class-As for some pictures for my Grandmother. When I was done and ready to leave the mall, a teenage girl stopped me and asked me to visit her sister in the hospital. She said before she died she wanted to meet a real hero, someone who was fighting for her day in and day out. I don't remember what type of cancer it was, but I believe it was leukemia like my friend had. I went and I visited her because I felt a little bad for the family, but more so for her, and the hand she'd been dealt in life. I maintained my composure as best as I could through the whole visit, and just talked about what she liked, what my job was, and when I was going to go overseas. She died a month later. Every year I donate some of the very small paycheck I get to leukemia and cancer research, that way I may not have to visit someone who wants to see what they believe is a real hero, or as I look at it, just another gun-toting grunt/mechanic in DCU's. That is my perception, and whatever ya'll think is up to you.

Old   #14   

dgnr8fox

Title: Turbocharged
dgnr8fox's Clubs
dgnr8fox's Journal
sagittarius

10-20-2005, 11:51 PM

You are a better human being than I could ever be. I've pretty much given up on most of the human race.I hope to learn a thing or two about compassion from you.

Old   #15   

JDM Drifting

JDM Drifting's Clubs

10-21-2005, 05:45 PM

God deals us all a hand in life. Sometimes it's a pair, others a royal flush. But God dealt them and that's means there's a reason. I bet when you had your scare DriftGirl, you were wondering why it was happening to you, now look at all the people you have impactes. Stuff happens, but it works out for good. Respect.

Old   #16   

darcside

Title: In Neutral
darcside's Clubs

10-22-2005, 05:48 AM

Wow, that's really cool, i know how much a girls hair means to them, especially when they're a model, it's cool to see you willing to share something so precious to you.

Old   #17   

hksrb25s14

Title: Naturally Aspirated
hksrb25s14's Clubs

11-11-2005, 02:19 AM

I'm happy that your alright, but mad that of these years they haven't found a cure for cancer, My Best friend just got inlisted for cancer research and hope someday he or anyone will find a cure. and plus, I think your hot nomatter what, hair or not.

Old   #18   

drft-it

drft-it's Clubs
drft-it's Journal
cancer

11-11-2005, 02:56 AM

Thats awesome that you would do that! Your an amazing tuner but most of all an amazing person.

Old   #19   

minibouncer

Title: In Neutral
minibouncer's Clubs

11-11-2005, 03:11 PM

Am really moved by what you did. I lost my grandpa to cancer last year and my best mates mom has just recovered from her 2nd bout of breast cancer. Plus my g/friends mum died of cancer when she was very young and as a result never got to know her.

I just think that life's too short to spend *****in & hating we only get one shot at it & whiile it may not be perfect we should at least make it fun & help others who aren't as lucky to have a better one.

Old   #20   

moxiepwr777

Title: Supercharged
moxiepwr777's Clubs
moxiepwr777's Journal
gemini

03-01-2006, 10:35 PM

That's awesome-I know how difficult it is to chop it off.
A side note, however: I have heard from a few different sources that Locks of Love sells of surpluses (as weaves, etc) at a fairly hefty profit.

New Reply

« | »