New contest - TunerFriends - tuner enthusiast community

Go Back   TunerFriends - tuner enthusiast community > TunerFriends > Site news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Image hosting by Photobucket

Administrator's Icons

Administrator is on a distinguished road
Garage
New contest

Hey everybody,
Tanabe, one of the sponsors on tunerfriends gave up a few goodies for us to run another contest. All they ask is that you check out there sites.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/
http://www.more-japan.com/

Heres the deal
We have a Tanabe muffler 2.5 inlet 3.5 tip and 2 Kazama T-Shirt shirts
How do you win?
submit your funniest car related stories and the moderators will choose the winner based on the best one? The stories could be true or made up, but have to involve cars in some way and must be comical and "clean"
The contest will end at 8am Thursday June 8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-08-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

ivoodoou is on a distinguished road
Talking

Ok, this one is gonna take some time to tell (because it is completely true). Anyways, I was General Manager of a car dealership in Appleton, WI, and it was my birthday. At the time, I was driving my '88 Merkur XR4Ti that I just got out of the bodyshop about two weeks before. I was also seeing one of the receptionists that worked there (which is an absolute no-no, but we kept it secret really well). It was cruise night in Appleton, so I decided to drive a Mustang GT that we had just taken in trade for a little fun.
So I parked my own personal car in the back by the trade-ins, right next to a 2-door Geo Tracker that some kid just traded in - making sure not to park too close in case someone opens the door. I take off from work in the Mustang and pick up Lisa at the drive-in down the road, and we head out to a bar to have some birthday drinks. We were having a great time and one thing led to another and we ended up going back to my apartment in Oshkosh (about 20 miles south of Appleton). Keep in mind we had been dating for about a month and NOBODY at work was aware of it (although some suspected something). We were up late and went to bed about 2 o'clock.
At 6:30am there is a LOUD knock on the front-door, and I ignored it - too early. 30 seconds later, there was another knock on the front door, so I looked out the window and saw 2 police cars. I'm not a big fan of police (especially at 6:30am) but I reluctantly open the door anyway. The officer at the door asks me if I could verify my license plate number, so I gave it to him. Then he proceeds to ask me how my Geo Tracker ended up in Lake Winnebago (about a mile from the apt.) I tell him that I don't own a Geo Tracker, and he must be mistaken. He verifies the plate number over the radio again, and insists that MY Geo Tracker is in the lake and they want to know how it got there. I tell him that 'yes that is my plate number, but they belong on a Merkur, NOT a Geo. He then looks suspiciously at me and asks if I was with anyone that can vouch for where I was all night. I hesitated for a moment and decided to wake Lisa up in the bedroom and tell her to talk to the cop. She tells him everything, which he wrote down in the police report. Turns out that the kid who traded in the Geo took the plates off of my car and put them on his trade and went joy-riding with some of his buddies, ending the night by driving the Tracker into one of the boat launches.
To sum it all up, my plates were recovered and when the dealership got a copy of the police report they saw my alibi was Lisa and they were awfully curious as to what she was doing at my place at 6:30am. BUSTED! I had everything under control with the whole relationship, but this one tiny detail caught me! Kids, I hope you can learn from my mistake..... never leave your plates on your car when you park it overnight. lol! .......and NEVER dip your pen in company ink!

Last edited by ivoodoou; 06-01-2006 at 09:01 PM.
ivoodoou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Turbocharged

4tun8 is on a distinguished road
thought I'd help you out here....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4tun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

ivoodoou is on a distinguished road
Yeah, spaces don't take and tab skips around the page. I know it's long..... sorry.
ivoodoou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Supercharged

typesh99 is on a distinguished road
When I was 16 I revved my automatic 88 Prelude to approximately 4500rpm and dropped it into drive. Then both of the cv joints blew out. Oh to be 16 again

typesh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Turbocharged

DominoOnr is on a distinguished road
How about a funny video? This one is hilarious!

Drag Wagon
DominoOnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
1/4 Mile Champ

King_Me is on a distinguished road
cuz that'll make it waaaay to easy for 4tun8 to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominoOnr
How about a funny video? This one is hilarious!

Drag Wagon
Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
King_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Matrix is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down LONG STORY but true...

It all started late one sunday night, about a year ago. I was trying to complete a few projects on the house before my wife came back in town the next day. She was off visiting family. I decided to finish the custom cabinets I built when we "finished" the house, but I still had to install the cabinet doors. Off I go, to a friends house to use his drill press to make the holes for the hinges to fit. Upon completing the drilling on the cabinet doors (nice, fresh, exposed wood), I got a phone call from another friend, inviting me over for dinner since Kell was out of town, and I supposed they felt sorry for me. But dinner was great. Fearing a possible chance of rain (although- nowhere in the forecast) I told them I had to leave because I didnt want to leave the fresh wood out in the night air to long (too much moisture.)

So off I go. Driving and feeling fairly confident that the night air will not be a problem since I was almost home, I kept driving and singing, proud that I would be completing a long awaited task. Out of nowhere... "Was that a drop?". Not one but two. Not two but... CRAP... I was now 5 minutes from home and in the middle of a torrential downpour. Trying to figure the chances that this would ever happen on a day where there was no forecast for rain, i figured... ONLY ME. Almost home, I pull to a stop light not far from my house, approximately 3 minutes by car. "I can make it, I think to myself".... waiting for the light to turn green....

This is where it all goes bad....

Light turns GREEN! Hit it! (SCRUB... SCRUB... noise... and the truck wobbles....SCRUB... SCRUB... noise... and the truck wobbles again.) "What the heck was that noise?!?!?!?") Not caring being so close to home, I press the accelerator. SCRUB... SCRUB... noise... and the truck wobbles.... CLUNK! BAM! The driver side rear of my truck sits down like I had "da switches hooked up"- (you know...hydraulics) Sparks are flying, metal is scraping, and the rain is now coming down in NOAH like proportions. I step out of my truck in the pouring rain (which conveniently screeches to a halt in the next intersection) only to find that my rear tire AND inner axle are gone! By gone I dont mean , by the truck, near the truck, or under the truck... I mean simply gone!

Well water has this odd way of making you feel like you have to go pee. So there I am in the middle of the intersection, in the pouring rain, 3 wheels on a 4x4, and dancing like I want more rain. I figure, running over to the nearby gas station, I could use the restroom and call AAA on my cell. Of course, as bad as things were already going, the worst that could happen would be my cell phone battery going dead.... so it did.

First relief was finally getting over to the gas station and relieving myself of nature.... ahhhh. Now for a telephone, the lady at the register was kind enough to let me use their phone since I just shed tears in their bathroom (you know the sweet feeling of relief).

O.K. down to business. After all call to AAA I run back over to my crippled truck, still no tire in sight... just cars trying to make their way through the intersection, with a small laugh at my expense- Im sure. I get an idea! Put it in 4-wheel drive and drag it out of the intersection with the good wheels. It worked! Right as I got over to the edge of the road, the nice police officer shows up lights and all. I explain the whole situation, except for the part where he asked- "Where is your other wheel?". That I could not answer. HE STARTS LAUGHING! (he apologizes, but says it one of the funniest scenes hes ever driven up on! I'm wet hes dry so he offers me to sit in the front of his car---> I would much rather the front. While waiting for AAA (will take 45 minutes) I use the officers cell to call another friend who lives a minute away in the same neighborhood, who then comes out and asks how he can help. I tell him about the fresh cabinet doors and ask him if he can take them and put them in my garage. We transport the cabinets to his car and off he goes. On coming back one of his young sons, spots in the dimmly lit night and odd skinny object sticking out of the middle of the not so deep pond at the entrance of our developement.... hrrrmmmm. A Huck Finn of sorts, he goes to get a closer look. "I think its the tire!"--- he yells, wading his way in... (yes into the pond) What the....?!??! Now its just stupid! We all just started laughing again as we wade into the water behind him to get the axle and tire he saw sticking out of the water (which had apparently rolled away from my truck and off into the pond while driving). Could anything else POSSIBLY go wrong...? Well remember the rear tire that fell off. It would be kinda hard to tow the truck without a flat bed. So as you would figure, AAA dispatched a truck that came prepared to hook up the front and tow with the rear tires rolling on the road. Try again.

I was so preturbed, I just gave all my information to the policeman, AAA, and anyone else who wanted it and had my buddy drop me off at my house. Wet, miserable, and in disbelief, I went in to the house, threw my clothes in the dryer, and went to bed, saving any possibility of something worst to happen, for the next day.

The moral of the story... always check the pond if your missing a tire. And never trust a weather man who says its NOT going to rain. Oh and if a cop is going to laugh, make sure its with you (it will make you feel better) And that my friends is a true story.

Last edited by Matrix; 06-01-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Turbocharged

DominoOnr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Me
cuz that'll make it waaaay to easy for 4tun8 to win
You talking about this one?

Sorry Ben, but you have the best vids.
DominoOnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
On a boat!

Fleming's Icons

Fleming is on a distinguished road
Alright, just over a year ago I was preparing to leave Strongsville for Bowling Green (stupid reasons but that doesn't matter.) The weekend before I left my bestfriend, Dustin, and I had just finished with his Turbo H23 swap (see attached picture). He, having to work all week/never have been drag racing before/and just plain curiousity asked me to take it to a test & tune on that Thursday. So I drive the car down to dragway 42 and its running fine, make a few adjustments to the ecu and such on the trip down just some fine tuning and little things. When I get to 42 first thing I have to do is use the bathroom. So I go to use your standard issue port-a-poty and slip on some "unkown substance" and drop my cellphone out of the front pocket of my hooded sweat shirt, straight down into the port-a-potty. At this point if I was smart I just would of turned around and went home....but moving on. So I go down the first time, just kind of learning how to launch, and with any new car its horrid 2.53 60' with a time of 15.5@104. So yeah, whatever 2nd time by is much better, 2.24 60' 14.1@107 so I'm thinking awesome. So the third time up I go up, back up into the burnout box (its not a drive through track) and line up and make my run, best of the day 13.91@111. Get done with the run and one of the people I met said the car was smoking pretty bad....hrmm. I decide I better just go home. So I go to throw the car into reverse........no reverse? Huh? How do you blow reverse at a drag strip? ****ty deal...car smokes a little on the way home.....uh oh. Damage Tally

1. Cell phone down the toilet $200
2. Blown REVERSE in the trans of your best friends car $430
3. Blowing the ring landings OFF of the pistons of a newly swapped H23 civic sedan, $2453

It was a good day....

Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote